Dr. Robert Cialdini's Weapons Of Influence
- How reciprocation creates unequal exchanges, and in one experiment by a factor of more than 500%
- Why reciprocation is powerful regardless of how much someone likes you
- How giving away flowers help build a powerful religious movement
- What made the “rejection and retreat” technique triple the success of an experiment
- How to defend against reciprocation bias from negatively impacting your decisions
Consistency & Commitment Bias
- The powerful application of the “foot in the door” technique
- Why hard won commitments are the most powerful
- The dangers of seemingly innocuous commitments
- How commitment builds its own internal justifications
- How you can defend yourself against falling prey to commitment bias
- How social proof can over-ride people’s will to live
- Why news coverage makes mass shootings more likely
- Why TV shows use canned laughter
- How someone could be stabbed in front of 38 people without any help
- How you should ask for help in a dangerous situation
- How this bias made Joe Girard the greatest care salesman of all time.
- How Tupperware was able to grow their sales to 2.5 Million per day.
- Why ugly criminals are 2x more likely to go to jail and receive harsher sentences.
- Why con-artists wear lifts in their shoes.
- How a normal person can be convinced to administer lethal shocks to an innocent research subject.
- Why 95% of nurses were willing to give deadly doses of a drug to their patients.
- How changing simple phrases can lead to 6x the influence.
- Why outcry auctions turn your brain into mush.
- The power and impact of these biases on our decisions at a subconscious level.